A Prologue with Robin Landa. Robin Landa is a Distinguished Professor in the Michael Graves College at Kean University. She has written twenty-three books including, Nimble: Thinking Creatively in the Digital Age, Graphic Design Solutions, 5th edition, Advertising By Design, 3rd edition, Build Your Own Brand, DRAW!, and Designing Brand Experiences.
Robin has won numerous awards, including awards from the National Society of Arts and Letters, the National League of Pen Women, Creativity, the ADCNJ, and the Human Rights Educator award. The Carnegie Foundation counts her among the "Great Teachers of Our Time." Robin was the sole judge of the 2014 HOW Design Logo Competition. Recently, Robin gave a presentation on personal branding in the Strategic Communications graduate program at Columbia University. She is a Chair of Design Incubation, an advocacy organization dedicated to communication design research.
Check out Robin’s monthly articles at HOW Design.
As creative director of her own firm, Robin works closely with marketing executives and their companies and organizations to develop brand strategy as well as enhance corporate creativity through seminars.
Recorded 8.7.2019, Aired 8.16.2019
Links of Note
Where to find Robin Landa online
- Website: robinlandabooks.com
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/robinlanda
- Instagram: instagram.com/proflanda
- Twitter: twitter.com/rlanda
- Facebook: facebook.com/robin.landa
- Google Scholar: scholar.google.com
Mentioned during this podcast
- Design Incubation: designincubation.com
- Graphic Design Solutions, Cengage: cengage.com
- Advertising by Design, Wiley: wiley.com
- Take A Line for a Walk, Cengage: cengage.com
- How Magazine: howdesign.com
- AIGA: teachingresource.aiga.org/author/rlanda/
- The Carnegie Foundation: carnegiefoundation.org
- Kean University: kean.edu/directory/robin-landa
- Michael Graves College, Kean University: michaelgravescollege.kean.edu/robin-landa
- Authored Books: amazon.com/Robin-Landa
- Crack the Spine: crackthespine.com
- Queens College: qc.cuny.edu
- School of Visual Arts: sva.edu
Music featured on this Episode
- Opening and closing track: “Street Background Vlog Hip-Hop”
Where to find The DESIGNED Podcast
- Apple Podcasts – Please, feel free to rate and leave a review!
- Google Music
Where to find Pete Bella online
Contact The DESIGNED Podcast