Nancy Wu is an instructor at the IDEA School of Design at Capilano University. She is also senior graphic designer and art director at Nancy Wu design. Nancy and I discussed the importance of design school choices as well as the importance and criticalness of internships and were internships fit into the design curriculum, and we've even found the time to talk about the importance of community in the design school. Nancy and I have also found the time to talk about the path that print has taken in the design world as well as the importance of digital in today's profession. I hope you enjoy this great conversation between Nancy and I, and I hope you find a lot of value and the things that we discuss in this episode of the designed podcast.
Recorded 5.24.2019, Aired 7.5.2019
Links of note!
Where to find Nancy Wu online
- Website: http://www.nancywudesign.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nancy-wu-1b7a477/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nancywudesign/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NancyWuDesign/
Mentioned during the podcast
- Nancy Wu Design: http://www.nancywudesign.com/
- The University of British Columbia: https://www.ubc.ca/
- Capilano University: https://www.capilanou.ca/
- Now Try Something Weirder” by Michael Johnson: https://www.amazon.com/Now-Try-Something-Weirder-creative/dp/1786274183
- Marian Bantjes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marian_Bantjes
Music featured on this Episode
- Opening and closing track: “Street Background Vlog Hip-Hop”
Where to find The DESIGNED Podcast
- Apple Podcasts – Please, feel free to rate and leave a review!
- Google Music
Where to find Pete Bella online
Contact The DESIGNED Podcast